The Smarty – pants workshop is an absolute must for any pre-school and is aimed at informing teachers and staff on all matters “sexual abuse – related”, as well as empowering teachers and staff to create awareness of body safety issues, for the children in their care, in an age appropriate and child-friendly manner.
This workshop also includes a booklet with some basic information as well as some fun activities on body safety for each attendee to take home.
In the Smarty – Pants workshop we will look at:
· Some common myths
· How would a child disclose abuse to a teacher?
· What do we do when a child discloses abuse to us?
· What do we do when we suspect that a child is being abused?
Normal and abnormal sexual behaviour in preschool children
· When should we be concerned?
· How should we react to sexual play happening at school?
· What does the law say?
· What are my legal responsibilities as teacher?
· What is the legal process of reporting abuse?
· What are some fun ways of teaching our children about body safety?