At Humanitas, we believe that attending regular supervision is not only a smart decision that is highly beneficial to you and your practice, it is an ethical responsibility as well.
It is of the utmost importance to continuously ensure that you are not the only voice in your head when it comes to some of the more difficult situations that we as practitioners might face in practice. Therefore, attending regular supervision is crucial for any counsellor, social worker or therapist working with people, in a counselling related manner.
Supervision allows you the opportunity to:
- Confidentially discuss difficult cases
- Double check that you are on the right track with regards to your approach
- Make sure that you operate within your scope of practice
- Connect and network with other practitioners in similar or complementary fields
- Learn from your peers
- Grow professionally and personally
What does the service entail?
The supervision sessions take place once every month. The session is 2 hours long from 16h30 – 18h30, and hosted online; via Teams, by our registered social worker in private practice, Dr Peter Schultz.
Supervision groups are kept small, so as to allow sufficient time for each attendee to participate, ask questions and share information.
Sessions are scheduled for fixed days and times every month, to make it easy to plan your schedule accordingly.