The Child Affected by Neglect and Abuse: Creative Counselling Ideas
“Are you working with children who have been exposed to trauma and neglect? Chances are that you are working under severe pressure; trying to make a difference; feeling tired and that you have lost your motivation.
This three-day course has been designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, inspire and motivate you! The course will focus on creative ways to enhance and develop a child’s emotional skills. On completion, each participant will receive a creative, fun toolbox that can be used successfully in counselling.
The course will run over three days and has been approved by the SACSSP.
You will receive a certificate on completion, indicating that you have received 4 CPD points.
- Ethics in relation to helping and counselling children
- Childhood development focusing on social and emotional development
- The impact of trauma and neglect on the developing child
- the developing brain
- behavioural and developmental problems
- Counselling the child affected by trauma or neglect:
- Communicating with children
- Critical reasons for development of the emotional/ coping skills of the child
- A creative counselling toolbox
- Vicarious trauma”
This course includes: light refreshments, a certificate of completion, 4 CPD points as well as a creative counselling toolbox.
About the presenter
Roelien Wiesner has been working with children for over 30 years in her capacity as social worker. Not only has she been assisting children to testify in court, through her role at the NPA (national prosecutions authority), she has also opened a Child Line branch in Pietermaritzburg where she offered therapeutic services to children in need. She is presenting this fun-filled three day workshop for professionals, in Pretoria in May.