The Child Affected by Neglect and Abuse: Creative Counselling Ideas
“Are you working with children who have been exposed to trauma and neglect? Chances are that you are working under severe pressure; trying to make a difference; feeling tired and that you have lost your motivation.
This three-day course has been designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, inspire and motivate you! The course will focus on creative ways to enhance and develop a child’s emotional skills. On completion, each participant will receive a creative, fun toolbox that can be used successfully in counselling.
The course will run over three days and has been approved by the SACSSP.
You will receive a certificate on completion, indicating that you have received 13 CPD points.
- Ethics in relation to helping and counselling children
- Childhood development focusing on social and emotional development
- The impact of trauma and neglect on the developing child
- the developing brain
- behavioural and developmental problems
- Counselling the child affected by trauma or neglect:
- Communicating with children
- Critical reasons for development of the emotional/ coping skills of the child
- A creative counselling toolbox
- Vicarious trauma