Getting divorced; but what about the kids?

By |2019-05-02T19:05:42+02:00March 26th, 2018|

Once a partner (the divorce initiator) informs the other partner that he or she wants a divorce the first thing they do; or the first advice they receive, is to get themselves a lawyer who can take care of the situation. Whilst it is not wrong to get a lawyer to represent you, there are other options to keep in mind. Many people are not knowledgeable about the law, especially the Children’s Act 38 of 2005 which provides guidelines as to how to go about a divorce when children are involved.

What is a Parenting plan and how does it work?

By |2019-06-19T22:37:44+02:00May 3rd, 2015|

A parenting plan is a legally constituted document provided for in the Children's Act 2005 of South Africa. It covers various aspects related to the care and contact of minor children born out of a marriage or any other relationship. The plan should always be in the best interest to the child/children. The parenting plan contains the negotiated decisions of both parents regarding the upbringing of their children.

Go to Top