Marriage Counselling is by no means a magic wand that will make all your relationship problems disappear.
As with any self-help book, inspirational DVD or interesting and useful advice, marriage counselling is only as effective as you choose to make it. You can have a whole collection of books in your library on how to better your understanding of one another, but if you don’t actually make the time to read the books and try to apply the knowledge actively in your life – it cannot and will not be of any use to you.
Therefore, when you decide to come for marriage counselling, make very sure of your motives. Marriage counselling will help you understand yourself better, help you get to know your partner better. You will learn new and interesting ways in which to communicate and love each other, but if you don’t choose to apply this knowledge, you are wasting your time and money.
If you however, are open minded, want to save your marriage, are willing to learn, to adapt and to change (not who you are, but how you are), marriage counselling can and will benefit you immensely!
Imago therapy is one of my preferred tools in counseling couples.
For more information on Imago therapy, please see the Imago Page on this site.
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you struggling to recognise the person you fell in love with in your partner?
- Are you constantly fighting and arguing?
- Does it feel like you have absolutely nothing in common any more?
- Have you lost each other a long the way?
- Is healthy and effective communication near impossible between the two of you?
Call today to make your appointment with a marriage counselor in Pretoria.