Understanding and working with the emotionally abused client
13th Apr 2021 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
This workshop is ideal for people working with couples E.g. social workers, ministers, pastors, marriage counsellors, trauma counsellors.
Working with people who have been emotionally abused can be very challenging. They doubt their own reality, feel confused and overwhelmed and get trapped in the traumabond. In order to counsel effectively, we need to understand the complexities of abuse. Emotional abuse can take place within any relationship – marriage, dating relationship, parental relationship or friendships.
In this workshop we will look at the following:
- What is abuse (emotional, verbal, physical and narcissistic abuse)
- Why do certain people abuse their partners
- Who is vulnerable to emotional abuse
- What is the traumabond
- How the traumabond is broken
- How to work with the emotionally abused client
- And much more!
6 CPD ASCHP/CCSA
Presented both via Zoom and in Person (12 Seats available). Please also note that we need a minimum of 6 people in order for the course to be presented.