My Son’s brain: Preparing for the teenage years
16th Mar 2021 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
March 16 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm AND March 18 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Your busy, mischievous little boy has disappeared overnight. No more hugs and chats, instead he is spending all his free time locked in his room. Conversations have turned into short grunts and he is always in a bad mood. The only topics that will get him out of his shell momentarily are games or sport, girls or his friends. You are not sure whether the hours spent behind closed doors are only playing computer games or sometimes homework as well….and you are too cautious to ask. Did we fail as parents or is my son only going through a phase?
Does it sound familiar? If so, please join Mariska van der Meulen of Meraki Counselling Services explaining what your daughter is going through. Parents of boys from approximately 8 years old and older will benefit hugely from these information sessions/talks.
Some topics of discussion:
- The Development of the male brain
- The role of hormones
- Physical development
- The role of neurotransmitters (simplified for us who do not have a medical background!)
Why does this happen:
- Homework wars
- Sleeping in
- Emotional withdrawal
- Aggression, dominance and competition
- Sensitivity around his physical appearance
- Risk taking and decision making
- Auditory processing (does he hear me?)
- His developing sexuality
- Interest in girls
- Stress and your son’s brain
- Peer pressure
- Role of Mom
- Role of Dad
- How are girls different?
- When is his behaviour not normal anymore?
Presented both via Zoom and in Person (12 Seats available). Please also note that we need a minimum of 6 people in order for the course to be presented.