My Daughter’s brain: Preparing for the teenage years
16th Feb 2021 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
February 16 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm AND February 18 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
You went to bed with your family – while handing out butterfly kisses and a million hugs, your little eleven-year-old girl said goodnight. When you woke her up the next morning it was like an alien has invaded your home. If she’s not biting your head off, she’s crying her eyes out in her room. When she’s not crying, she’s jumping on the trampoline with the same friend who broke her heart the day before – giggling and totally inseparable.
Things have literally changed overnight. Your sweet sunshine child has disappeared…… or maybe just changed. It’s scary and it hurts. How would you know what to do when you have no idea what is happening to her?
Does it sound familiar? If so, please join Mariska van der Meulen of Meraki Counselling Services explaining what your daughter is going through. Parents of daughters from approximately 8 years and older will benefit hugely from these information sessions/talks.
Some topics of discussion:
- The Development of the female brain
- The role of hormones and the roller coaster of emotions
- The role of neurotransmitters (simplified for us who do not have a medical background!)
- Conflict and the teenage female brain
Why the :
- sleeping in
- obsession with her girlfriends
- obsession with physical appearance
- risk taking
We will also look at:
- Her developing sexuality
- Stress and the teenage daughter
- What will calm her down during difficult periods?
- The role of Mom
- The role of Dad
- How are boys different?
- When is her behaviour not normal anymore?