One day Online Training Course: Understanding Co-parenting; a basic training course for practitioners
Aug 24 @ 9:00 am
This course is aimed at professionals who wish to educate themselves on the dynamics of co-parenting. If you are a lawyer, attorney, social worker or mediator who deals with separated or divorced parents – this course is for you!
Co-parenting children can be a difficult and daunting task for parents. Co-parents are often in conflict with one another and as a result, they often forget to put the child’s needs first. If you are a practitioner who works with separated or divorced parents, then this training course is for you! Through this training course I aim to help practitioners who deal with co-parenting and parental guidance to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of co-parenting. I will guide you through the impact of a high conflict divorce on the children involved, as well as share some practical tips on co-parenting and how to structure parenting plans in a developmental sensitive manner.
We will also have a look at what the legislation in South Africa says about Parental Rights and Responsibilities.
The training will be hosted via Microsoft Teams. If you are interested in joining this training course, please complete the online registration form and send your proof of payment through to Accounts@vitanova.co.za. Once we receive your payment, we will confirm your registration via e-mail.
- handouts and worksheets
- a certificate of attendance
High level course outline
- DEFINING CO-PARENTING
- DIFFERENT CO-PARENTING STYLES
- WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO CO-PARENT?
- STAGES OF DIVORCE/ SEPARATION KESSLERS MODEL
- IMPACT OF CO-PARENTAL CONFLICT ON CHILDREN
- CO-PARENTING TIPS
- CO-PARENTING AND PARALLEL PARENTING
- PROTECTING THE CHILD FROM DESTRUCTIVE CONFLICT
- FACTORS WHICH NEGATIVELY IMPACTS CO-PARENTING
- PARENTAL ALIENATION
- UNDERSTANDING THE LAW IN SOUTH AFRICA
- THE CHILDREN’S ACT 38 OF 2005
- BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD
- PARENTAL RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reference: CP/May + Your Name
*Please note that a minimum number of attendees is required for the course to be presented. We will inform all attendees well in advance if minimum numbers are not met.