Life is not easy. Nowhere in scripture that is even a promise. People go through tough times, filled with incredible hurt, guilt, anger and hopelessness, to name a few. It is sometimes even harder when you are a Christian because there are so many promises in the Word of God that does not seem to come to pass in your life and you start to wonder if God even sees you and if He even knows about your hurt and confusion.
During Christian based counseling, together with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Word of God and prayer, we take a very deep look at where you are in your life with God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Spirit and what you are facing at this moment in your life.
Because the devil is called the father of lies (John 8:44), he will off course do exactly that…lie to you over and over again until you start to believe it and then act like it. And if Christ explicitly says I am the way and the TRUTH…well then the lies quickly start to dissolve like Enos. This way of counseling is to expose the lies you believe, strengthening your faith and allowing Jesus to do an inner healing miracle, because He came to heal the broken hearted (Isaiah 61:1).
Questions often arise during sessions which sometimes include the following:
- Does God exist or even hear me or love me and why will He care about me and forgive my sins?
- Why does He sometimes feel so distant? I feel like my prayers only hit the sealing of my roof.
- Why did He create me or want me?
- Do I understand the Word of God correctly?
- Can I hear the voice of the Holy Spirit?
- How will He help me with this problem I have been struggling with?
He wants to show Himself to you… allow Him